Warm and Wild Yarns

A blog to show pcis of my yarn adventures and supplies.

Friday, November 02, 2007

A fun new pattern is up

Crystal Palace has just put up a new pattern of mine on their web site the link is http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns2/jingle-bell-taos-hat.html . this is a fun hat for the little ones and will keep them warm this winter. . This is a quick knit for the holidays and will bring a smile to you and the recipient. Hope you enjoy the patttern ,
On another note the shop has been keeping me busy and the classes are filling fast. I hope I can keep up the pace and not let the pain get to me. Be sure to check out the new patterns that have been put up on Crystal Palaces web site and look for more new and exciting patterns to come.
I just got a box of goodies from Susan and can't wait to get started. they are talking to me and I know what every one of the projects is going to become. Now to try and get more hours in a day:)
Look for mor info on the Fall retreat for The Valley Fiber Arts Guild in Alaska Next September. I will be going up for a Family reunion in August and then staying over for a little R&R and then teaching at the reatreat . I am looking forward to meeting all of the wonderful people I met in the Spring and meeting new friends as well. More to come later wehn I know more.

8 Comments:

Blogger Knit'inCrazee.... said...

Well Congratulations! You are such a talented lady! keep those patterns coming...

Again "Congratulations"

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a question about the Jingle Bell Taos Hat. Materials are listed twice at the beginning of the pattern. The second list seems to make more sense. Is the first list of materials a mistake?
~Shanna~

12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm writing for clarification on the above pattern. You would need to cast on 320 stitches to insert 8 bells on the first row according to the pattern instructions. I don't understand how you could possibly accomodate that many stitches on double point needles. It also does not tell you how many stitches to place on each of the double
point needles.

Should circular needles be used instead?

Would appreciate any help you can give.

- Barbara -

7:07 PM  
Blogger roseygirl said...

I found your blog from the site
http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns2/jingle-bell-taos-hat.html
I can't wait to make this hat :)

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the hat, and want to make it for a special little girl. But after reading through the brim directions I come up with 160 stitches remaining not the 80 mentioned. Wondering if there is an error or am missing something. Vicki

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the second time I am writing for clarification on the above pattern. I just worked through the brim section and am coming up with 160 stitches remaining instead of the 80 specified in the pattern. It looks huge! How could it possibly fit an infant or toddler?

Wondering why there are not separate cast on stitch counts for each of the sizes. Casting on 320 stitches for an infant size seems
totally out of line.

I will probably have to start all over again and end up trashing the yarn as it is extemely fragile and breaks easily. I was very
disappointed with the quality of the Taos yarn and would never use it again.

It's pretty obvious that someone didn't do a very good job of proofreading this pattern.

-Barbara-

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is the yarn for the jinglebell hat a fingering weight?
I got 60 sts on each of 4 needles and used 5th for knitting but did a couple of rows and it is mammoth

7:00 AM  
Blogger Crystal Palace Yarns said...

Hi,

This is Susan from Crystal Palace Yarns and I wanted to add that Nancy has corrected the pattern and the new version is up on our site at www.straw.com.

Also, I have replaced the yarn that Barbara (above) had problems with and she was pleased to have fresh Taos to re-knit the hat. (She had had problems with the ball of Taos she had breaking).

-Susan-

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home